For a long time, I've been considering a blog series called "Fashion Dense" (as opposed to Fashion Sense... HAHA see what I did there?....) This idea has been rolling around in my head for a number of reasons which I will sum-up in lovely bullet points below:
1. I have always been a tomboy and never really cared about "fashion", per say.
2. As I struggled with my eating disorder, I didn't think I deserved to wear nice things, and I was paranoid about how I would come across if I was always "gussied up" and such. I would've rather appeared as if I wasn't trying at all than as if I was trying too hard.
3. Clothes shopping isn't super fun for me for a lot of different reasons. Most poignantly, because -- as someone who as struggled with an eating disorder, body image, etc. -- it can be pretty damn horrifying.
4. I don't know jack about how to look presentable/like an adult/woman and that makes me pretty self-conscious; I worry that I'll dress like a 12 year old for the rest of my life.
5. Spending money on myself is nearly impossible for me to do.
As I was thinking about these reasons (I'm sure there are a lot more I will soon discover), I figured there might be a lot of other people with the same issues/concerns... especially if they have struggled with an eating disorder in the past. But, really, I think lots of people avoid shopping regardless of whether they've had an eating disorder.
Thus, "Fashion Dense" was born. Because aren't things more fun if you can find a way to laugh about it? And I figure trying to find my way through clothes/fashion/understanding my own style just has to be chock full of hilarity. Plus, I figured it would better help me deal with the process if ya'll were tagging along with me. :)
So, in summation, please to stick around. Because, if you're like me (see picture above) it might just make us both feel better about things in the long run. :)